Sambar recipe in Hindi
Sambar Recipe is a South Indian dish. In South India, Sambar is traditionally served with idli, Dosa, vada, and rice. Idli and Dosa are also very tasty to eat. Sambhar looks very tasty to eat and is very healthy. Sambar is made in different ways in everyone’s homes.
In Sambar, everyone can put vegetables of their choice. It is very easy to make Sambar recipe. The vegetables available in your home can be used to make Sambar.
Not many ingredients are required to make Sambar recipe. To make Sambar, you need Arhar Dal, Tomato, Gourd, Pumpkin, Onion, Drumstick, Carrot, Mustard Seeds, Dry Red Chilli, Asafoetida, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Salt, and Oil.
You can also easily make the recipe for Sambar Masala at home. To make sambar masala, you need cumin, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, urad dal, chana dal, dry coconut, asafoetida, turmeric powder, black pepper, and fenugreek seeds.
Idli and Dosa are also very tasty to eat. You will not need many ingredients to make idli and Dosa.
To make idli, you need rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds, and to make dosa batter, you need rice, split black gram, and salt.
To make Aloo Masala, you need boiled potatoes, onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, soaked Bengal gram, mustard seeds, curry leaves, cooking oil, asafoetida, and turmeric powder.
Sambar recipe ingridents:-
- pigeon pea
- Mustard seeds
- dry red chili
- turmeric powder
- chili powder
- Mustard seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Urad Dal
- Chickpea lentil
- desiccated coconut
- turmeric powder
- Black pepper
- Fenugreek seeds
Recipe for making Sambar recipe:-
• To make sambhar, first soak one bowl of tur dal for 15 minutes.
• After 15 minutes, when the lentils are full, put them in the pressure cooker, add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and cook it for 5 to 6 whistles.
•6 After coming to the city, turn off the gas and let it cool down.
• Now, we prepare the sambar masala.
• To make sambar masala, put 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp mustard, 3 to 4 dry red chilies, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, 10 to 12 black pepper, 1/4 Add tsp fenugreek seeds, 2 tsp dry coconut, 12 to 15 curry leaves and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
• When a good smell starts coming from it, turn off the gas and let it cool down.
• After cooling, put it in the grinder jar.
• Then add 1/2 tsp asafoetida and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, grind it, and prepare the powder.
•Sambar masala is ready.
• To make Sambar, put three spoons of oil in the pan.
• As soon as the oil becomes hot, add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 2 to 3 dry red chilies, 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida, and cook it.
• Then add curry leaves and finely chopped onion and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Then put drumstick, carrot, pumpkin, and gourd in it and cook it on a low medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
• As soon as the vegetable becomes soft, then add finely chopped tomatoes and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes so that the tomatoes become soft.
• As soon as the tomato becomes soft, add 2 to 3 spoons of tamarind water and 1/2 glass of water and cook it for 5 minutes.
• After 5 minutes, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder and take it a bit on low to medium flame.
•Then add two teaspoons of sambar masala and mix well.
• Then add the cooked lentils and mix well.
• Then add 1.5 cups of water and cook on low, medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Switch off the gas after 15 minutes.
• Sambar is ready. It takes only 40 minutes to make.
• Any vegetable of your choosing may be used in Sambar recipe.
• If you want to make Sambar, you can add homemade sambar masala or market sambar masala.
•Putting coriander leaves in Sambar recipe is optional.