Dal Vada | Masala Vada | Parippu Vada | दाल वड़ा रेसिपी
Dal vada recipe in hindi
Dal Vada is also known as Masala Dal Vada, Chana Dal Vada, Parippu Vada, Paruppu Vada. Daal Vada is also known as Parippu Vada in Malayalam and Paruppu Vada in Tamil.
Dal Vada is a popular South Indian tea time snack recipe. Dal vada is made from chana dal. Dal Vada is a street food recipe. You can make Dal Vada for breakfast. Everyone likes this recipe very much.
In the morning you can prepare various types of breakfast like medu vada, dal vada, vada pav and sabudana vada. Both Dal Vada and Medu Vada are also made from refined flour. Both these recipes are famous recipes of South Indian. But nowadays everyone likes this recipe very much. Everyone makes it for breakfast.
Nowadays it has become street food. When you are bored of eating pakoras, then you can make Dal Vada at home, everyone will like it very much. Very few ingredients are required to make Dal Vada and it is very easy to make. Traditionally Dal Vada is served with green chutney and sambar chutney.
Dal vadas are very spicy and crunchy. Dal vada with chutney looks very tasty to eat. If you make and eat Dal Vada once, then you will feel like eating it again and again because it looks very tasty to eat.
- Chana Dal – 1 cup
- Dry red chili – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chili – 2
- Garlic – 6 to 7 cloves
- Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 10 to 12
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- finely chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Oil-(oil for frying)
Ingredients for dal vada Chutney:-
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Thick chopped tomatoes – 2
- Dry red chili – 2
- salt to taste
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Ingredients for Chutney Tadka:-
- oil – small spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – 2 pinches
- Curry leaves – 5 to 7
Method of making Dal Vada recipe:-
• To make Dal Vada, first of all soak 1 cup of Dal Vada overnight.
Then take a grinder jar and add 2 dry red chilies, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 inch piece of ginger, 2 green chilies, 6 to 7 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp fennel, 10 to 12 curry leaves Add 1/4 tsp asafoetida and grind it coarsely.
After grinding chana dal, add 1 finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp soaked chana dal, finely chopped fresh green coriander, salt as per taste, 1 tbsp rice flour, 1 tsp hot oil and mix lightly. do it
• Then apply oil in your hands and make small balls by taking a small portion and press it lightly and give the shape of Tikki.
• Put oil in the pan. As soon as the oil becomes hot, put dal vada in it and turn the gas flame on slow medium.
• On slow medium flame, you have to make it golden brown from both the sides.
• As soon as it turns golden brown, take it out in a plate.
Recipe of chutney to be eaten with Dal Vada: –
• To make chutney, first you put 1 tbsp oil in the pan.
• As soon as the oil becomes hot, put 1 onion roughly cut into it and while stirring continuously, brown it lightly on slow medium flame.
• When it turns slightly brown, then put 4 dry red chilies in it and make it golden brown with onions.
• When onion and red chillies turn golden brown, then add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and salt as per taste, add 2 tbsp chana dal and mix well till tomatoes become soft.
• As soon as the tomato becomes soft, then add lemon juice to it and mix it well.
• Turn off the gas and take it out in a plate and let it cool.
• When it cools down, grind it in a mixie.
Method of tempering Dal Vada: –
• Take a tadkawala pan to temper the Dal Vada.
• Then 1 tsp oil in the pan.
• As soon as the oil becomes hot, put 1/2 tsp mustard seeds in it.
• As soon as the mustard seeds crackle, add 5 to 6 curry leaves and pulse on top of the chutney.
• Chutney is ready.
• Enjoy this chutney with Dal Vada.
• You can make it for breakfast in the morning. Everyone likes this recipe very much.
• You must try this recipe once at home.
• Grind the Dal Vada to pain and you are saving a little Chana Dal. With this, Dal Vada will be prepared very crispy.
• At the time of frying Dal Vada, keep the gas flame on slow medium.
• This dal vada will be fried very quickly.
What is Dal Vada made of?
Dal vada is made from chana dal.
What type of food is Vada?
Vada is a category of savory fried snacks which are basically found in South India.
Why is Vada not crispy?
By frying the vadas in very hot oil, the vadas will turn brown from outside but will not cook from inside. Also fry them on medium heat till crisp, golden and cooked.
Is Dal Vada good for health?
No Dal Vada is not healthy as it is a deep fried food.